If you’ve outgrown your home or the existing layout no longer works with your lifestyle, Naples remodeling companies like CGU Homes can help you give your home or condo new life.
As a licensed general contractor in the state of Florida, CGU Homes has successfully completed luxury custom home projects, home remodeling projects, and condominium renovation projects in communities from Port Royal to Bonita Bay. As the residential construction arm of Connor & Gaskins Unlimited, our team offers a combined 70+ years of experience in high-end building in the Naples area.
The remodeling services we offer to homeowners include:
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Condo Remodeling and Renovation
- Energy Efficient Upgrades
- Game Rooms
- Guest Suites
- Home Offices
- Home Theaters
- Kitchen Remodeling
- Master Suites
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Outdoor Living Spaces
- Pools and Landscaping
- Whole Home Remodeling
- Wine Cellars
Tips on Hiring the Right Home Remodeling Contractor
- Ask friends and colleagues for recommendations. Reach out to people you know in your area who have had similar work done. Talk to friends, colleagues, family members, and neighbors. If there is a particular company you are interested in, ask around: Has anyone heard of the firm? If so, what have they heard?
- Start making calls. Assuming you have your friends’ suggestions and have done your own research, start making calls. Ask about their remodeling experience, how long they have been in business, and if they are licensed in Florida. Also ask for a list of references and call them. Ask them how well the contractor communicated, kept to the budget and schedule, and about the quality of their work
- Narrow down your list. Based on the answers to your questions and your assessment of the contractor’s demeanor and communication style, you should be able to cut your list down to two or three companies you would like to meet with in person.
- Confirm licenses and insurance. Licensing varies by state, and the remodelers you consider for your project should hold any and all necessary business licenses. They should also be able to show proof of general liability and workers’ compensation insurance.
- Select your contractor. It’s not always wise to take the lowest price. You will want to choose a contractor who is easy to communicate with, a contractor who has the ability to work within your budget and meet your deadlines, and a contractor who works with a strong network of competitive, competent, and loyal subcontractors. The lowest bidder may not always deliver the best result. Evaluate estimates based on the value they are going to provide, not the final dollar amount.
- Sign a contract. Be sure the contract states exactly what is to be done and how change orders will be handled. Check that the contract states when the work will be completed and what recourse you have if it isn’t. Be sure it specifies that the contractor will clean up after the job and be responsible for any damage.
CGU Homes is ready to help you design the home you’ve always wanted. Get in touch with us at (239) 963-7995, or contact us online to get started!