Whether you’re working on a kitchen or bathroom remodeling project or a complete home renovation in Naples, Florida, the most important thing you can do is select the right company for the job. You can trust CGU Homes with your home remodeling services from the initial concept to final completion.
As a licensed general contractor in Florida, CGU Homes has completed luxury custom homes, home remodeling, and condominium renovation in communities from Port Royal to Bonita Bay. We are the residential construction arm of Connor & Gaskins Unlimited.
The CGU Homes team offers a combined 70+ years of experience in high-end building and remodeling in communities such as Fort Myers, Bonita Bay, Port Royal, Royal Harbor, Livingston Woods, Pelican Bay, The Moorings, Pine Ridge, and Vanderbilt Beach.
We are proud of our selection for three Sand Dollar Awards in 2021 from the Collier Building Industry Association (CBIA) for:
- Naples Private Residence: Product Design of the Year for a Single-Family Home in the range of $1,000,001 – $1,500,000.
- Bonita Bay Bathroom Renovation: Space Renovation for a Single-Family Home under $100,000.
- Royal Harbor Renovation: Space Renovation for a Single-Family Home in the range of $400,001 – $600,000.
Finding the Right Home Remodeling Contractor
- Get referrals from friends and colleagues. Talk to people in your area who have had similar work done. Reach out to friends, colleagues, family members, and neighbors. If a particular company piques your interest, ask around: Has anyone heard of them? If so, what have they heard?
- Make some calls. Assuming you have the recommendations from your friends and have done your research, start making calls. Ask about the contractor’s remodeling experience, how long they have been in business, and if they are licensed in Florida. Also, ask for a list of references.
- Confirm licenses and insurance. Licenses vary by state, and the remodelers you consider for your project should hold all that are required. They should also be able to show proof of general liability and workers’ compensation insurance.
- Request estimates. Ideally, you should ask for estimates from at least three different contractors or remodeling teams after discussing prices, payment methods, and project terms. Ask questions, read the fine print, and, if necessary, negotiate.
- Choose the contractor. It’s not always wise to go with the lowest price. The lowest bidder may not consistently deliver the best result. Evaluate estimates based on the value they are going to provide, not the final dollar amount. A very low bid could be a sign of a desperate contractor who is not cut out for your project.
- Read the contract. Be sure the contract states exactly what is to be done and how change orders will be handled. Check that the contract states when the work will be completed and what recourse you have if it isn’t. Be sure it specifies that the contractor will clean up after the job and be responsible for any damage.
If you are looking for companies in Naples, Florida, that offer home remodeling services, CGU Homes can present you with a nearly endless list of luxurious options. Get in touch with us at (239) 963-7995, or contact us online to get started!