When you are ready for a home makeover, partner with CGU Homes, experienced Fort Myers remodeling contractors. We will make your complete satisfaction our top priority.
As licensed general contractors of the state of Florida and the residential construction arm of Connor & Gaskins Unlimited, CGU Homes has been building and remodeling homes and condominiums in Southwest Florida’s finest communities since 2011.
Our team offers a combined 70+ years of experience in high-end building and remodeling in communities such as Fort Myers, Bonita Bay, Port Royal, Royal Harbor, Livingston Woods, Pelican Bay, The Moorings, Pine Ridge, and Vanderbilt Beach.
Our goal is to create value for our clients with high-quality design, professional craftsmanship, eco-friendly construction, and more. We collaborate with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements in order to achieve the best outcome for a project everyone can be proud of.
The remodeling services CGU Homes offers to homeowners include:
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Condo Remodeling and Renovation
- Energy Efficient Upgrades
- Game Rooms
- Guest Suites
- Home Offices
- Home Theaters
- Kitchen Remodeling
- Master Suites
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Outdoor Living Spaces
- Pools and Landscaping
- Whole Home Remodeling
- Wine Cellars
Take a look at the photos of our work in our Home Remodeling Gallery.
How to Hire the Right Home Remodeling Contractor
- Ask for recommendations. Do you know anyone who has had similar work done? Talk to friends, colleagues, family members, and neighbors. If there is a contractor you’re interested in, ask around: Has anyone heard of the firm? If so, what have they heard?
- Make calls. Assuming you have a few recommendations and have done your own research, start making calls. Ask about their remodeling experience, how long they have been in business, and if they are licensed in Florida. Also ask for a list of references.
- Confirm licenses and insurance. Licensing varies by state, and the remodelers you consider for your project should hold all necessary business licenses. They should also be able to show proof of general liability and workers’ compensation insurance.
- Get quotes. Ideally, you should request estimates from at least three different contractors or remodeling teams after talking about prices, payment methods, and project terms. Ask questions, read the fine print, and, if necessary, negotiate.
- Select your contractor. It’s not always wise to take the lowest price. The lowest bidder may not always deliver the best result. Evaluate estimates based on the value they are going to provide, not the final dollar amount. A very low bid could be a sign of a desperate contractor who is not cut out for your project.
- Sign a contract. Be sure the contract states exactly what is to be done, how change orders will be handled, when the work will be completed, and what recourse you have if it isn’t. Be sure it specifies that the contractor will clean up after the job and be responsible for any damage.
If you are searching for the best home remodeling contractors in Fort Myers to transform your home into the home you’ve always dreamed of, look no further than CGU Homes. Get in touch with us at (239) 963-7995, or contact us online to get started!